How does coaching work?
Each coaching relationship is tailored differently to meet the needs of the client. Coaching sessions happen between 2 and 4 times a month over the phone. In between sessions clients may have some reflection, noticing or fieldwork they choose in order to keep their learning alive from the session.
How long is a coaching relationship?
Clients start out with an initial 3 month commitment. Each person coaches for different periods of time depending on their goals. Many people coach between 6 months and a year.
Do I need to have a specific goal to start coaching?
Who is coaching for?
Having a goal is great, but not required. Many people start coaching because they are clear they are stuck in some way. More important than a clear goal is a willingness to embrace change.
Life coaching is for anyone who has a yearning or desire for more in their life. People work with a life coach to:
- Change careers
- Manage life transitions (finishing school, moving, ending a relationship)
- Improve relationships with loved ones
- Create personal balance
- Get started making a dream a reality
- Discover their purpose and how they can make a difference in the world
- Be more effective in their work and lives